Wednesday 23 January 2013

that's what's important, to me.

I absolutely hate how hard some people try to be 'accepted'. And it's not just girls with their boobs all over facebook and their make-up with a small amount of face on the side. There are attention-seeking guys too. Yes, I mean your mirror-selfies without your shirt and your constant 'at the gym' statuses. Driving around town in your banged-up cars with the shit pop music blaring. The caption of your profile picture may as well say "am I pretty yet? Please love me *insert ridiculous 'cuteface' here*".

But the thing is, you see. Our average facebook whore, whether male or female, does not in fact seek the attention of the opposite sex, as is a common misconception. Girls, they put on the make-up and the pretty clothes and they go out and look all nice and they post photos later, only so that other girls can tell them how pretty they are. Or the common "omg, i am so ugly and fat x0x0x0", with the seven thousand comments of "you are actually beautiful" below it. Most of which are also female. The guys just click like and move on. Girls seek acceptance from other girls. And guys seek acceptance from other guys. Sure, every girl loves to look at a guy who has abs and is tanned but honestly, males respect other males who manage to get their ass to the gym everyday. Right? 


On the other hand, some girls just like to show guys their boobs, and some guys just want sex.

Me? I don't give a fuck today, didn't give a fuck yesterday, and won't give one tomorrow either. 

Either way, it annoys me. Why do you need everyone to like you? The only person you need to be accepted by, is yourself. I spent years trying to impress everyone else before I realised that I was turning into a person that I did not want to be, and I absolutely hated that. Now I wake up every morning, and I do what I want, I say what I feel, and if people don't like me, then that's okay. Because in all honesty, I like to think that I am one of the most real people you will ever meet. And that's what's important to me. Being real.


♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment