Thursday 24 January 2013

this is me.

Today and yesterday, I have not had much of a desire to blog about anything in particular. However I promised myself when I started this blog that I wouldn't let it die like I did the last time - and three posts would just be ridiculous. Therefore I decided to post about me. This, that I am about to copy and paste from a word document on my laptop, is something that I wrote a few months ago, when writing was a thing that I had started doing to help me feel better. Well... it still is. E very so often I'll open it up, and go through it and fix it and such. So yeah, this is me. 



"Hi, I'm Caitlin. I like sparkly things and expressing my feelings through pen and paper. Maybe a computer keyboard or a set of guitar strings. I hate my middle name. I believe in giving a second chance. And a third chance. And a forth. We need to acknowledge that no one is perfect. I think that sometimes it's okay to dance like a crazy person and sing as loud as you possibly can, depending on who you're with. Friendship is important. Trust is even more important. I eat way too much junk food and am in love with Nutella. I like pretty hair and I think eyes are the most interesting thing about a person. I hate being tickled. It's like torture, but you're forced to laugh. I believe that Newton's third law is relevant in life in general. Escalators and manikins freak me out.  I believe in NOT sugar-coating - not everything is always going to be okay. That's just how it is. I can't stand baked beans or tinned spaghetti. I always need to have the last word. It's necessary to be able to string a coherent English sentence together. It's even more helpful if you can do it in more than one language. Sometimes, it's okay to be completely confused. I believe in not ever regretting anything you've done, and in taking a chance when it's offered to you. I can be extremely negative at times. Making mistakes is fun; as long as you learn from them. Sometimes you need to do things even though you know they're wrong. I believe that each person decides their own fate, and you should bare the consequences for your decisions. I believe in getting help when you need it, and even when you don’t, or think you don’t. I over-think everything. I cry, a lot. I think when a human being trusts you with their secret, it is essential to keep said secret safe. Forced family time is not fun. Music is something to live by. I believe in listening to people, and respecting their opinions, even if you don't agree. Don’t try to change their opinion, but stick up for what you believe in. I think that nightmares make dreams more special. I greatly dislike people who lie; cheat; steal. I love lazy Sunday afternoons. Every person needs to be creative at least once in their life, even if they suck at it. Freshly painted nails are lovely. I think that if you're polite to people, people should be polite to you. Give out as many compliments as you can. Karma works in two ways. I believe in believing that things will get better, that the sun will shine tomorrow, that this is not the end, even if everything seems hopeless..."


No comments:

Post a Comment