Friday 22 March 2013

why they should even go on.

It's days like these where I wish I could just go to every single person who is hurting; give them a hug and tell them that it's all going to be okay. Because, yes, I do know what's it's like to be in a place so dark that you can't see anyone else around you. You're completely alone, with the blackness, and no way of finding your way out. And I wish that I had had someone to hug me and tell me everything was going to be okay then. Because I honestly did not see how it could be.

I just want to show everyone - every student who is bullied; every child abused by their parents; every teenager who hates themselves because of their reflection; every kid without friends; every person who sees no point as to why they should even go on - that they are worth it. Life is worth it. It WILL get better. It seems like the most impossible thing ever at the time but trust me, things will turn around. And it happens gradually, you won't notice it at first. But suddenly you will look back on the person you were a year ago and notice that you are completely different. That you have changed. That the cloud of blackness has conformed to a lighter shade of grey, and it continues to get lighter everyday. And I can't honestly tell you that it will fully go away, because I'm not sure yet if it does. But you get to a point where you hope desperately that it will disappear completely, and that's when you can help it to. If you want something bad enough, you can get it.

Please. Listen to me for one second. It seems impossible, I seem crazy for saying it, but your life will get better. They say that people who go through shit as a kid/teenager will have an excellent life when they get older. Karma works in two ways, you see.

You there, picking out your flaws - you are AMAZING. And you, collapsed on your bathroom floor with two fingers shoved down your throat - you are PERFECT. You, who gets picked on everyday - you are INCREDIBLE. Not to mention you, with the blade pressed to your wrist - you are BEAUTIFUL.
You are you, you are original; you are unique; you can't change who you are for anyone. Be proud of it; love yourself. Keep smiling, even when it's hard. Things will get better, if you just believe they will. And most importantly, don't let anything or anyone stand in the way of your happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment